Please note for all vacancies:
We do not employ staff who are registered as patients. If employment is offered it is on the condition that the member of staff registers with another GP practice.
Park Practice GP surgery is looking to recruit a Receptionist/Telephonist (1 x full-time position OR 2 x part-time positions) to work as part of our excellent and well-established team at Park Practice. We are a friendly and busy training practice delivering care at our modern, purpose-built premises in Eastbourne.
Your role as a Medical Receptionist/Telephonist in our Patient Services team will require you to be the face of the practice. You will work in a very fast-paced environment manning the reception desk, answering the telephones, processing prescriptions, dealing with queries or carrying out administrative tasks.
Key responsibilities of a Medical Receptionist include:
- Checking patients in and out of GP appointments
- Answering/forwarding incoming calls
- Dealing with patient queries
- Booking appointments for patients
- Dealing with payments from patients
- Processing prescriptions and dealing with prescription queries
- Being aware of protocols and policies
- Handling and answering enquiries accurately and completely without dispensing advice, breaching patient confidentiality or making medical judgements
- Registering new patients
- Keep reception area clean and tidy
- Strong communicator
- Organised and diligent
- Confident and responsible
- Excellent face to face customer service skills
- Good telephone manner
- Ability to prioritise and organise a busy day
- Calm and pleasant manner
The ideal candidate will have comprehensive IT knowledge and will have worked as a Receptionist for at least 2 years. Previous experience of working within a GP practice would be desirable.
Our hours of business are 8.30am-6.00pm Monday – Friday. We also open 6.00pm-8.00pm on a Monday and Wednesday. The successful applicant may be expected to work one of these evenings as part of their contracted hours.
Please note that due to the current Covid-19 situation, interviews for this position will take place via video calls and telephone.
Applications by CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Moving to Eastbourne?
GP Partner/salaried, Practice Nurse, HCA, Phlebotomist, Secretary, Clinical Summariser, Administrator or other General Practice staff: we may not always have an immediate vacancy but please email us first if you are moving to the area on email@example.com FAO: Kelly Flynn.